MAKE BETTER SELECTION DECISIONS
- INHERIT Select™ is an innovative, multi-breed genomic test providing predictions for commercial females including crosses of eight major breeds.
- The test delivers Genomic Expected Progeny Differences (GEPDs) and percentile rankings for 16 traits and three economic indexes as well as sire parentage and breed composition.
- Predictions from INHERIT Select provide commercial cow-calf producers with genetic insights to make replacement female selection and breeding decisions.
INHERIT Select is backed by more than 1.2 million straight-bred and cross-bred animal records and gives cow-calf producers the power of GEPDs to make more dependable replacement female selection decisions. These decisions are made easier through:
- Sixteen traits that inform three economic indexes to make information easier to use for selection and breeding decisions
- The Zoetis Total Return (ZTR) index which integrates the full range of economically relevant GEPDs plus economic and production assumptions into one easy-to-use number to help maximize returns
- Two additional indexes, Zoetis Cow|Calf (ZCC) index and Zoetis Feedlot|Carcass (ZFC) index, that further informs decisions for these production segments
- Benchmarks that rank females against other commercial animals in the evaluation
- Sire assignment and connectivity for sires with HD50K™ genotypes that contributes to the accuracy of predictions
- Predictions updated weekly ensuring you have dependable information when you need it
- Basic estimation of breed composition identification spanning eight major breeds including Angus, Red Angus, Simmental, South Devon, Gelbvieh, Hereford, Charolais and Limousin reported as %Angus, %British, %Continental and %Other that can help harness the power of hybrid vigor to inform selection and breeding decisions for the desired future calf crops. At present heifers must be at least 80% breed composition of the eight major breeds to qualify for testing. Please call the Zoetis NZ Beef Genetics Manager to discuss if you are unsure on this to help determine if Inherit Select is suitable for your herd.
Customers with groups of females that are predominantly 87.5% and greater Angus composition are advised to use Angus Heifer SELECT™
With INHERIT Select, you can make selection decisions sooner to identify future replacements. Heifers can be tested at weaning or at any time when a tissue sample may be collected. Selecting the right replacements is not only critical to the future of your herd, but it has direct impact on short-term profitability:
- Earlier marketing decisions can help reduce heifer-raising costs and generate revenue.
- Future herd productivity is accelerated by selecting females with favorable predictions.
INHERIT Connect helps determine parentage for heifers tested with
INHERIT Select. With INHERIT Connect, commercial cow-calf producers can:
- Connect candidate sires to tested daughters
- Connect sires and daughters to other genotyped animals in the evaluation
- Enable more complete sire determination across groups of tested heifers